Sports massage therapy plays a very significant role in the life of a sportsperson. The benefits of this sort of massage are not only Sports Massage Brighton physical and physiological, but also psychological.
Why Is It Important?
Sports massage uses a variety of techniques, depending on the requirement of the person. The therapy mostly involves a combination of the traditional Swedish massage and Shiatsu. Sports massage therapy includes pre and post event, as well sports therapy Brighton as maintenance techniques. The basic gain from a routine sports massage is the feel good factor. Other advantages include –
- Reduction in the heart rate as well as blood pressure.
- Improvement of lymphatic drainage and better blood circulation.
- Helps reduce muscle tension and relieve pain.
- Increases muscle flexibility.
- Increases body stamina and strength leading to better performance.
- Release of stress in the joints, ligaments, and muscles.
- Minimizes scar tissue build up.
- Reduces stress and anxiety as muscles and nerves are relaxed.
- Eliminates the toxins present in the muscle fibers.
- Restores mobility to the wounded muscle tissues.
- Post-training massage increases muscle recovery.
- Provides general relaxation and comfort.
The fundamental techniques used in a therapeutic massage are quite similar to sports massage therapy, but the strokes in the latter are usually deeper and firmer. There is use of friction style on the deep tissues in sports massage, so as to soften scar tissue and break down any lesions. Moreover, this kind of massage focuses on manipulation of the deep muscle tissues more tightly. This induces greater relaxation as well as triggers the body’s own natural healing system.
Sports Massage Focuses On Three Main Areas
1. Maintenance Massage
The massage therapist will help the sportsperson improve his muscle flexibility as well as his array of motion, depending upon the sport he is into. Goal is to reach an optimum level of performance, through working on specific muscle groups.